|NOMINATION FORM: BOARD MEMBER OF BALCATTA VOLLEYBALL CLUB
Date of Birth:_________________________________________________
Position Nominating For:________________________________________
Nomination Seconded by:_______________________________________
Vote successful: Yes No
Date of Commencement of Position:_______________________________
By signing the above I understand I am bound by the Club Constitution to act in accordance with that Constitution and for the best interests of the Club.
By signing the above I am confirming that I am eligible to hold a position on the Board of Management and do not breach section 39 of the Act as set out below.
Act Requirements – Persons who are not to be members of Committee
Under section 39 of the Act the following persons must not, without leave of the Commissioner, accept an appointment or act as a member of a management committee of an association:
- a person who is, according to the Interpretation Act 1984 section 13D, a bankrupt or person whose affairs are under insolvency laws;
- a person who has been convicted, within our outside the State, of-
- an indictable offence in relation to the promotion, formation or management of a body corporate; or
- an offence involving fraud or dishonesty punishable by imprisonment for a period of not less than three months; or
- an offence under Part 4 Division 3 or section 127 of the Act
Section 39 only applies to a person who has been convicted of the above offences only for a period of 5 years from the time of the person’s conviction, or if the conviction results in a term of imprisonment, from the time of the person’s release from custody.